List of the Most Popular Cladding Materials [Cleaning Tips]
Posted on: 13 Sep, 2022
Wall cladding is one of the most extensively used and favoured construction methods. Various types of cladding materials can decorate your walls and provide an extra layer of protection. But it’s important that you pick the one that works best for you.
So, if you are looking for the best materials for this decorative and classic wall covering, this article is for you. Here, we’ve listed the different types of cladding materials along with some cleaning tips to maintain a beautiful look.
Different Types of Cladding Materials & Cleaning Tips
We live in an era where new technologies, materials, and trends in the construction industry are being developed regularly. So, it’s essential to keep up with all these latest trends & materials and incorporate them into your space. These days wall cladding has been widely used by many homeowners as they provide an aesthetically pleasing look to any room.
There are countless materials that can be used for wall cladding. But it’s essential to choose the best one. Apart from this, cleaning is also a necessary task as you don’t want to ruin the aesthetics of your home. So, listed below are the top and most popular wall cladding materials along with their cleaning tips.
1. Stone Cladding
Stone wall cladding brings a natural, elegant, and stylish look to your walls. This type of wall cladding is suitable for both interiors and exteriors. Natural stone is one of the most popular types of cladding materials. Thin layers of natural stones produce great interior and exterior stone cladding texture and are used to improve the appearance of your home. You can create your dream space with various materials, including Sandstone, Limestone, Slate, Granite, etc.
Choosing the best materials is essential for the look of your room, but it’s equally important to clean and maintain them. The process mentioned below will let you know how you should clean your stone cladding.
How to Clean Stone Cladding?
Natural stones, including Marble, Sandstone, Granite, limestone, etc., are used in stone cladding. So, it’s essential to understand the cleaning process for each natural stone.
- A soft towel and dishwashing detergent diluted in water can be used to clean marble without scratching it.
- If you have installed Sandstone wall cladding, then use a sponge and a gentle cleaning solution to clean it. Hard brushes and harsh chemicals should be avoided.
- Granite may be cleaned with all-purpose cleaners, and extraction gasoline can be used to remove more pronounced impurities.
- Limestone is porous and easily stained. Therefore any stains should be cleaned immediately using gentle, acid-free detergents.
2. Wood Cladding
Wood cladding is a beautiful facade addition that offers excellent weather resistance for your property. Nothing can beat the look of natural wood while integrating nicely with any decor, making it suitable for interiors & exteriors and contributing to creating a highly distinctive character.
When installed on the exterior walls, this cladding material not only improves the aesthetics of your home but also protects the structural integrity. However, cleaning is an essential part of these types of cladding materials as they are exposed to harsh weather conditions.
How to Clean Wood Cladding?
Here is a detailed process for cleaning and maintaining wooden wall cladding and keeping the beautiful and natural look for years.
- The first and foremost step is to remove all the dust from this cladding material.
- Now, apply cleaning products that are specifically for cleaning wood cladding material.
- Scrub the wood cladding with a bristled brush and leave it to dry.
- Spray clean water and scrub it with a clean cloth.
3. Porcelain Tile Cladding
The porcelain cladding promises exceptional performance and toughness. It is an excellent option for interior cladding and can be used in residential & commercial structures. It is available in various colours, sizes, and patterns to make your room stand out. When utilised as wall cladding, porcelain tile gives off a crisp and contemporary vibe. Because of its smooth texture, cleaning and maintenance are simple. It is water-resistant and resistant to all external forces.
How to Clean Porcelain Tile Cladding?
Below you’ll find the complete process of cleaning and maintaining porcelain tiles cladding. It is recommended to use only quality products for cleaning.
- For regular cleaning, you should consider clean water to remove all the dirt and dust.
- Use washing solutions once a month to maintain a cleaner and polished surface.
- If your porcelain cladding has a glossy, riven, or matt finish, consider cleaning it with a damp cloth.
- Make sure you follow the guidelines mentioned on the cleaning products or take help from a professional. Otherwise, you might end up damaging your cladding material.
These are among the best and most popular types of cladding materials used in homes, offices, and other areas. Make sure to periodically clean these materials to maintain the lovely appearance for years.
View this post on Instagram